Did you know that the transit facility in Singapore for Indians is visa-free? Singapore has become a major location for international flights. Indians are eligible for a 4-day visa-free transit facility if they are traveling to America, the United Kingdom, Canada, Switzerland, Japan, Germany, Australia, and New Zealand through Singapore International Airport. A visa-free transit facility gives passengers the freedom to explore Singapore.
Moreover, not only Indians are permitted to get visa-free transit facilities (VFTF), but also the nationals of the (CIS) commonwealth of independent states, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, and Georgia.
Eligibility Requirements for the Visa-Free Transit Facility
To get a 96-hour VFTF and use the transit facility in Singapore for Indians, you must fulfill these requirements:
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you leave Singapore by flight or ship, whereas you can reach Singapore using any kind of transportation mode.
- Secondly, passengers need to have a valid ticket for a cruise, flight, or ferry leaving Singapore within 96 hours.
- You need to have a visa or long-term pass with a validity of at least one month from the day you arrive in Singapore. And a visa or long-term pass must be given by eligible countries: Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Important Information: Passengers will get a 96-hour visa-free transit facility only once; it’s their choice whether to use it on a flight from India or on the return flight from eligible countries. We have also covered numerousairline policies on our blog; if you are interested, do check them out.
Do Indian Americans Get Any Benefit From VFTF?
The transit facility in Singapore for Indians is very beneficial, but for Indian Americans, it is not, as they are not eligible for it. But having in-depth knowledge of VFTF will help them save a few dollars when they have to make flight bookings for their friends, parents, and relatives as the visa is eliminated, which helps save money.
Single Journey Visas and Visa-Free Transit Facility
Those passengers who are from India and have a single journey visa or multiple entry visa from an eligible country ( Japan, Switzerland, USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, and New Zealand) still have a chance of qualifying for the qualifying eligibility requirement for VFTF, but only when they are returning from their journey. (Note: Once the Single Journey Visa has been used, it is not valid for further use.)
However, you need to have:
- A visa that is applicable for a minimum of a month from the date you arrive in Singapore.
- The country that issued you the SJV needs you to travel directly from that nation, en route through Singapore, back to your native country.
- Passengers should not have come back to their country since they last used the SJV.
Those who are Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Georgia, Turkmenistan, and Ukraine If you are going to transit to or from any third nation, you can be allowed to get a 96-hour VFTF only if you have an accurate onward flight ticket departing within 96 hours and you must leave Singapore by air.
This is our blog on the transit facility in Singapore for Indians. We hope this information will help you on your next journey, and if you want to save some dollars on your flight booking, you can read about the best cashback credit cards and choose the best one for you to get amazing benefits.
Q- How to get visa free transit facility Singapore?
You need to have a flight ticket departing from Singapore within 96 hours to get a visa-free transit facility, and you can enter Singapore by any transportation mode but have to leave it via air.
Q- Do Indians need transit visa for Singapore airport?
Indian nationals are eligible for visa-free transit for 96 hours, but those who don’t have a Singapore visa are not eligible.
Q- Is Singapore visa free for Indian?
Indians need prior visa approval to visit Singapore. There is no visa-on-arrival facility, but some Indians may be permitted a visa-free transit facility for 96 hours if they are traveling to or from other countries.
Q- How much is Singapore visa fee in Indian rupees?
To get a Singapore tourist visa, Indians need to pay around INR 1,853 for a single-entry visa, and the fee for a multiple-entry visa is approximately INR 5,557.