There is nothing more interesting and exciting than traveling. When it comes to traveling from the USA to India, people generally go for comfort, safety, convenience, good service, and good food. It is very important to do some research in order to get a perfect airline for your journey.
We are going to help you out by recommending some of the best flights from the USA to India that will save your time as well as money. Here is the list of some of the flights from the USA to India-
Air India is considered to be the main carrier in the list of the best airlines to fly from the USA to India. The on-time ranking of Air India is 34. It is a member of Star Alliance as well as it is one of the largest airlines of India.
It flies to more than 30 destinations in around 19 international countries including Europe, Asia, USA, etc. When it comes to the domestic level, it flies to more than 60 destinations.
The category of flight from New York, Chicago, Washington, and San Francisco to New Delhi is non-stop. The same for Newark to Mumbai is also non-stop.
The travel time of Air India from New York to New Delhi is 13 hours and 45 minutes. The same for Chicago and San Francisco to New Delhi is 14 hours 35 minutes and 15 hours 55 minutes respectively. The travel time from Newark to Mumbai is 14 hours and 45 minutes.
Baggage policy of Air India
- Hand baggage is allowed on both the international and domestic sectors on all Air India or Alliance Air flights
- The dimensions of hand baggage should be around 22 inches × 14 inches × 10 inches (55 cm × 35 cm × 25 cm). The total dimension should be around 115 cm.
- The maximum weight of hand baggage per passenger should not be more than 8 kg.
- The ‘Gold Member’ passengers of Star Alliance are allowed to carry additional baggage of 20 kg in Economy class.
- The baggage allowance for first class, business class, and economy class is 49 kgs, 35 kgs and 25 kgs respectively.
- If you are willing to carry excess baggage, you have to pay a total of INR 400 plus GST per kg
Cancellation policy of Air India
If you cancel your reservation within 24 hours of departure you will get a 100% refund without any penalty. The refund will be credited back to the same bank account by which the payment has been made.
The departure and arrival timings are convenient. Indian cuisine is also available on the board. Entertainment options regarding good inflight are also available. The crew are friendly and can converse in different languages.
Sometimes, delays are expected.
There is no facility of wifi on the flights.
Ratings of Air India
The rating for food and beverages is 3 out of 5. The same for seat comfort, staff service, and value for money is 3 out of 5. The rating for inflight entertainment is 2 out of 5.
2. United Airlines
If you are looking for non-stop flights from the USA to India, United Airlines must be your second option after Air India. The on-time ranking of United Airlines is 14. The flight is decent as well as time-saving. It comes in the category of cheap flights from the USA to India.
United Airlines is considered one of the major airlines of America that operates a total of 5400 flights on a daily basis.
Moreover, the carrier also supports international and domestic flights to an estimate of 319 destinations in fifty-four countries on 6 continents.
The category of flight from Newark to New Delhi and Mumbai is non stop. United Airlines offer daily and non stop flights from the USA to India.
The time duration of flights from Newark to New Delhi is 14 hours approx and the same from Newark to Mumbai is 14 hours and 55 minutes.
Baggage policy of the United Airlines
- The dimensions of the carry on baggage should not be more than 115 cm ( 56 cm × 36 cm × 23 cm) or 45 linear inches ( 22 in × 14 in × 9 in). The luggage should fit easily in the overhead bin.
- The dimensions of personal items shouldn’t be more than 89 centimetres ( 41 cm × 28 cm × 20 cm) or 36 linear inches ( 16 in × 11 in × 8 in).
- The passengers are allowed to carry two checked standard bags whose dimensions should not increase 157 centimetres. 23 kgs or 50 pounds is the maximum weight of stuff to be checked-in.
- In the case of excess baggage, you have to pay around $ 150.00 USD to $ 200.00 USD for the third bag.
- If the weight of the baggage exceeds 46 kgs or 100 pounds, you have to pay an extra amount of $ 200.00 USD to $ 400.00 USD.
Cancellation policy of United Airlines
If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of departure, you will get a full refund without any penalty. If your journey is cancelled by the airline, you will get a full refund in that situation also.
You can cancel your flight by phone, online or at the ticket office. If you purchased a refundable ticket, you can cancel your ticket anytime without any penalty.
The flights of this airline from the USA to India are fast, convenient and offer a decent service.
The first two baggage is free and you have to pay for the third one.
As compared to Air India, the price of United Airlines is a bit high.
If you are expecting good Indian or vegetarian food on the board, you may have difficulties while travelling.
The ratings for food and beverages, inflight entertainment, value for money, and seat comfort is 2 out of 5. The same for the staff service is 3 out of 5.
3. Etihad Airways
The second largest airline of UAE is Etihad Airways. More than 1000 flights are operated by Etihad Airways in a week which involved the departure and arrival of passengers in Europe, Aisa, USA, Africa, etc.
The on-time ranking of Etihad Airways is 3. If you wish to take a flight that connects from the middle east, Etihad Airways could be a good option for you. Etihad is very strict when it comes to the limit of baggage allowance. We recommend you to check the weight of your baggage twice before boarding.
There is one stop of the flight between New York to New Delhi as well as from Chicago to Chennai. The stoppage is the same for Los Angeles to Delhi and Dallas to Mumbai.
The time duration of the flights of Etihad Airways from New York to Mumbai and New Delhi is 18 hours 20 minutes and 18 hours 50 minutes respectively. The same for Los Angeles to New Delhi and Mumbai is 28 hours approx.
Baggage policy of Etihad Airways
- The baggage policy for the passengers travelling in first class and business class is almost the same. The maximum dimensions of the baggage should not be more than 115 cm ( 40 cm × 50 cm × 25 cm) in both the classes. The weight limit is 12 kg.
- Two hand luggage bags are allowed per passenger which may include an extra small bag in first class and business class.
- If you are travelling in economy class, the dimensions of luggage should not increase 115 cm ( 40 cm × 50 cm × 25 cm) and the weight limit is 7 kg. Only one handbag of luggage is allowed per passenger that may include a small bag if you are travelling in economy class.
- The number of hold baggages a person can carry in first class, business class and economy classic class is 2 while the same for economy class is 1.
- In the case of hold baggage, the weight limit for first class and business class is 32 kg. The same for economy class is 23 kg.
Cancellation policy of Etihad Airways
If you get any information regarding the refund, you have to contact the Etihad guest service within 24 hours of the departure.
A 10% refund fee of the miles is applicable to the Guest Seats which is required for the redemption of the ticket.
The flight is decent and budget friendly. You can get good Indian food on the flight. The flight clears customs and US immigration in Abu Dhabi.
The seats of the flights are bit cramped and the service quality is not up to the mark.
The ratings of the flights of Etihad Airways is 3 out of 5 for all the different features including food and beverages, seat comfort, staff service, value for money, and inflight entertainment.
The one-time ranking of Emirates is 2. A total of 3600 flights are operated by this airline in a week that connects almost one hundred and forty cities in eighty-one countries across 6 continents.
When it comes to comfort and good legroom, no one can probably beat Emirates. They ensure your safety as well as they ensure that your journey should be amazing and memorable.
The flights of Emirates have one stop on the route of Boston to New Delhi, New York to Mumbai, Washington to Hyderabad, Orlando to Bengaluru, Chicago to Cochin, Houston to Kolkata, and Los Angeles to Chennai.
Different flights take different time to reach the destination place. The least time duration from New York to New Delhi of the Emirates is estimated to be 17 hours and 55 minutes.
Baggage policy of Emirates
- For the passengers travelling in economy class, one piece of cabin baggage is allowed and the dimensions of the baggage should not increase 108 cm ( 55 cm × 38 cm × 20) or 45 inches ( 22 in × 15 in × 8 in). The weight limit per passenger is 7 kg or 15 lbs.
- In case, you are travelling in first class or business class, two bags of luggage are allowed in which the dimensions of the larger bag should not be more than 108 cm ( 55 cm × 38 cm × 20 cm) or 45 inches ( 22 in × 15 in × 8 in ) and the dimensions of the smaller one should not increase 100 cm ( 45 cm × 35 cm × 20 cm) or 40 inches ( 18 in × 14 in × 4 in ).
- If one of the above items is replaced by a garment bag, the dimensions of the bag should not increase 20 cm or 8 inches.
- The weight of each item should not be more than 7 kg or 15 lbs per passenger.
- In the case of check-in baggage, 30 kg is allowed to per passenger of economy class. The same for the passengers travelling in business class and first class is 40 kg and 50 kg respectively.
Cancellation policy of Emirates
A 100% refund will be initiated to those tickets that are booked from the official site of Emirates within the 24 hours of departure without any penalty.
The refund will be initiated within 7 days of submission of the refund form of ticket.
The legroom is good and the service is excellent. You can get great entertainment inside the flight.
The flights are a bit costlier as well as time taking.
The flights are not non-stop.
The ratings for staff service and food & beverages are 3 out of 5. The same for seat comfort, inflight entertainment, and value for money is 4 out of 5.
5. Singapore Airlines
Being the flag carrier of Singapore, Singapore airlines if considered to be one of the best airlines that travel from the USA to India. Two subsidiaries are supported including Scoot ( a low-cost carrier) and Silk Air.
The on-time ranking of Singapore Airlines is 6. The flights of Singapore Airlines are known for offering one of the best experiences for the economy class passengers.
When traveling from San Francisco to Mumbai, there is one stop in between. However, the flights have two stops on the route of New York to New Delhi, Washington to Kolkata, Los Angeles to New Delhi, and Honolulu to Mumbai.
Baggage policy of Singapore Airlines
- In case of check-in baggage, the weight limit of luggage for the first class, business class, premium economy class, and economy class is 50 kg, 40 kg, 35 kg, and 30 kg respectively.
- The maximum number of items that can be carried by a passenger in any of the classes is only two that must not weight more than 32 kg each in first class and business class & 23 kg in premium economy class and economy class.
- The dimensions of the baggage should not be more than 355 cm ( 200 cm × 75 cm × 80 cm).
- In the case of carry-on baggage or cabin baggage, the passengers of first class and business class are allowed to carry two baggage, the weight limit for each being 7 kg and the dimensions of the luggage should not be more than 115 cm. The passengers of premium economy class and economy class are allowed to carry only one item that should not weight more than 7 kg and the total dimension of the luggage should not increase 115 cm.
- In the case of additional baggage, you are allowed to carry additional baggage whose dimensions should not increase 80 cm ( 40 cm × 30 cm × 10 cm).
- In the case of non-standard baggage, the dimensions of the musical instruments should not increase 127 cm × 45.72 cm or 50 inches × 18 inches. The wright of sporting equipment should not increase 32 kg and an additional amount will be charged for additional baggage.
Cancellation policy of Singapore Airlines
If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of departure, a 100% refund will be credited to your account without any penalty.
If you are cancelling a ticket that is non-refundable then only the taxes will be refunded in that case.
The flights ensure the safety and comfort of the customer. Moreover, they provide an excellent service to their customers. The on-time record of the flights of Singapore Airlines is very high.
The seats and leg rooms of the flights are good and comfortable.
Due to the reason that there are two stops in most of the flights from the USA to India, the flights are a bit time taking.
The ratings of the flights of Singapore Airlines are 4 out of 5 in every aspect including food & beverages, inflight entertainment, staff service, seat comfort, and value for money.
Some of the tips to get the best deals when travelling from the USA to India
If you want to book your ticket from the USA to India at the cheap and best price, try to book the tickets in advance. You need to book your tickets at least 6 to 8 weeks before the departure.
September to February is considered to be the best time for travelling to India. Try to avoid the peak season for travelling.
If you are 100% sure that you are going to travel within the estimated dates, try to book a non-refundable ticket because non-refundable tickets are cheaper than refundable ones.
If you want to make your journey more convenient, you should take the help of a travel partner that provides one of the best services. A good service provider will make your journey easier.
Surffares as a service provider and travel partner, ensures the comfort and safety of the passenger. You can get information about different flights, routes and airports from our guding support at 1- 844- 211- 1766.
You can book your ticket in three easy steps at Surffares. Moreover, we provide 24×7 customer support service. We guarantee you a ticket of low fare if you are going to travel from the USA to India or Canada to India.
So now you have a proper list of one of the best airlines that will help you to make the most of your holiday in India. All you need to do is just plan a trip, book a ticket and enjoy your vacation.